If your loved one is in a hospital or nursing home
- Contact us as soon as possible. Call us at (514) 481-5301 (24h service)
- We will contact the institution to transfer your loved one to the funeral home.
- We will give you an appointment with a funeral director, according to your convenience, for the funeral arrangements
If your loved one is at home
- Call 911. Be sure to mention the 911 operator that the death was expected. This will avoid unnecessary sirens at their arrival.
- Urgences- Santé (Québec) will come and sign an Attestation of Death.
- Once the attestation is completed, call us at (514) 481-5301 (24h service) and we will organize the transfer to our funeral home as soon as possible. You can expect a maximum delay of about an hour and a half before we arrive at your home from the time we receive your call.
- We will also give you an appointment with a funeral director, according to your convenience, for the funeral arrangements.
Information needed when you meet with a funeral counselor
- Social insurance number
- Social insurance number of deceased
- Health care number
- Date and place of birth
- Name of parents (maiden name for the mother)
- Legal address
- If the deceased was still married, the same information for the spouse is needed as well as the place of marriage and date of marriage
- A recent picture
- Clothes : Pants/skirt or dress, underwear, socks, shirt, jacket, etc. Long sleeves are suggested and avoid low necklines.